Monday, December 31, 2012

TBR - books To Be Read AND books To Be Reviewed! (reflective)

cartoon of cat wearing party hat with champagne glassWell, the holiday season is almost complete, the old year nearly done, the new year peeking around the clocktower... and soon I'll be back in the saddle, writing BooksYALove blog posts, recommending YA books that you might miss if you rely on the big-box stores' displays and promotions.

So it's a great time to make resolutions - especially ones that you can successfully keep! I'm taking my cue from Evie over at her Bookish blog and concentrating on my overflowing TBR piles and shelves.

For me, that's the To Be Read shelves, whose covers I haven't even opened yet, as well as the other TBR shelves, my To Be Reviewed/Recommended books, the ones that I've read and enjoyed, but haven't quite gotten around to crafting my recommendations for... yet.

And they're really good books! Otherwise, I just chuck them into the giveaway box. Y'all don't have time to read ho-hum, formulaic books, do you? So I have stacks of 2012 copyright books that I haven't told you about...yet.

So that's my priority for BooksYALove in 2013: to efficiently tackle my 2012 awesome books while bringing you the best debut titles and books from smaller publishers as they arrive, hot off the presses throughout the year. TBR Challenge, here I come!

To keep me honest, I'm registering my intent over on Evie's blog: http://www.evie-bookish.blogspot.com/p/welcome-to-2012-tbr-pile-reading.html and will be checking in with a linked post monthly, highlighting my 2012 must-reads, as shared with y'all through BooksYALove (and usually on Barb Langridge's abookandahug site, too: www.abookandahug.com).

Promising an exact number of posts each week seems unrealistic, but I'll do my best to make you hungry to read these wonderful books at your local library or purchased from your favorite indie bookstore (keep your money in town, okay?) - and please, let me know if I'm bringing you titles that sound intriguing, unmissable, or out-of-the-ordinary.

Indeed, 2012 was a great year for Young Adult books, so let's hope that 2013 is equally stellar.
Which genre is your can't-wait-to-read favorite? Happy New Year, and happy reading!

*kmm
(celebratory cat cartoon courtesy of DesignedToaT: http://www.designedtoat.com/newyears.shtml)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Spam, spam, spam lately, so no Anonymous comments for now.